Some of the improvements for next year
May 22nd, 2012 | 1:41pm
When you arrive here there will be an additional computer lab with 30 new desktop computers. Along with this new lab we will be purchasing 4 new computers for the library. This new equipment will help us better meet students' needs.
We are not stopping improvements in the library by adding computers alone. Prior to the fall we will be purchasing a large number of new books. This bulk purchase will be focused on adding even more researched-based leadership material to our shelves.
In our classrooms we will have 2 additional smart projectors. These projectors will significantly improve the classroom experience for both the professors and the students. For more information about the smart projectors we are purchasing, visit http://www.projector.com/reviews/boxlight/projectowrite2.php.
May 20th, 2012 | 1:00pm
As we prepare for next year, we are so excited about what God is going to do. Truly He has done great things in the past, but we know that this is only the beginning. For those who will be attending JRLC next year, whether you are a returning student or a new student, we want you to know what is going to be happening, so that you can be praying about the part you will play and what God wants you to learn. Here are just some of things that are coming up:
1. Mass Water Baptisms – This will happen the first Sunday that the JRLC students will be here. Last year we had the opportunity to baptize 915 people over the year. Be praying that this is a powerful Sunday.
2. JRLC Summerfest – Pray that God will meet with all the students of JRLC and that this will launch us into our Best Year Yet.
3. Designed for Life Women's Conference – At this conference we will be hearing from the following people: Priscilla Shirer (evangelist), Christine Caine (Hillsong Church), Dianne Wilson (Newport Church) and CeCe Winans (singer/songwriter). Pray God uses this to build up women's lives and to give them courage to live bold lives for Him.
4. James River Youth Outreach Season – Whether it is One Big Party, The Super Crazy Crazy Show, or any of the other youth outreaches we do over the fall, we need to be praying that God touches the hearts of young people and 100's are reached with the gospel.
5. October 31st Party – Thousands of unchurched people come to James River to participate in games we have for kids. This is an opportunity to be a light in our community and to reach people with the gospel. Be praying that people who don't know Jesus will come to know Him through this event.
6. JRLC Youth Outreaches – We visit one church a month and host an outreach. Our heart is to encourage youth pastors and to strengthen the work God has called them to. This is also another opportunity for our students to be a part of something from planning to execution.
7. A James River Christmas – Christmas is a time when lost people feel obligated to attend church. This is awesome, because we want them to encounter the love of God.
8. Vision Sunday – This is where we reflect on what God did in the past year, and we cast vision for the future year.
9. Mark Driscoll (Mars Hill Church) and the Real Marriage Tour – If you are not married you probably will be one day, so come prayed up and ready to take notes.
10. Men’s Conference – At this conference we will hear from guest speakers John Burns (Relate Church, Vancouver, BC) and Stovall Weems (Celebration Church, Jacksonville, FL). Be praying that men’s lives are impacted.
11. Easter Express – Like the October 31st outreach, we are praying that our church campus will be full of people who need to experience God’s love and life-changing power…so be praying for the part you will play.
These are just some of the great things of which our students get to be a part.
This blog is intended to build your excitement and expectation of what God wants to do in your life and how He wants to use you to reach people for Him. Please be praying for next year. None of the things listed above will change anyone’s life without God’s power and presence. The Best is Yet to Come. See you soon.
Men's Conference Promo
May 18th, 2012 | 11:53am
This is a promo for the 2013 men's conference. This video was made by James River's communication team.